Friday 31 May 2013

I wish i had a camera that would work in low light

 2nd week in Birmingham.... After being out in the garden for the afternoon and being told stories of various critters that visit the garden.

J:  "Hunni, there's foxes in the garden!!!"
I, at the time 7 and 1/2 months pregnant, rushed through into the kitchen to look out the window and into the garden.
J points out little fox statues that were carefully placed in a lovely spot earlier in the day....

a few weeks later....

J: "there's a hedgehog in the garden, Quick before it disappears!!"
Again, I rush into the kitchen excited to see said hedgehog..... this time not long out of the shower so had a towel round my head and only just managed to get 1 of 2 socks on (its not so easy when you've got a bump)...... It was another statue in the garden which was put out the day before, but had not been noticed by myself yet.....  you can imagine the language that came out of my mouth....


Last night.... around 10 pm....

J: "Bats in the garden"....
Sleepily, I looked at him confused.....he was serious...... 3 Bats fluttering around in the garden!!!!!
Watching the magic in the very faint light of day, the solar lights that twinkled around the garden and my favorite winged creatures of the world fluttering around.  They didn't get close enough to find out what kind of Bat they were..... and I watched ALL THAT from my bedroom window!!!... I may be up watching them again tonight... If I don't fall asleep first.

No comments:

Post a Comment